Our Vacation Cottage On Wheels

Our Vacation Cottage On Wheels
2002 Mazda SUV ES-V6 & 2008 Cruiser Travel Trailer - Fun Finder X - 189FBR

Friday, March 26, 2010

On The Road With The Rolling Stones

For those of you who have been worrying about me (I know that you must be out there somewhere - just kidding, thanks for your kind messages), I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better, having had the sonic cannon lithroscopy and, several days later, having passed the broken remains of the stones that were blocking my right kidney, or kidneys (See "The Man With Three Kidneys").

Still having some tenderness in my kidney area and right side, Dr. Luke ordered up a special CAT scan to find out if there was anything else wrong in there. Thankfully, the doc reported that everything looks well and that they all wished they had kidneys as healthy as mine. I wasn't sure that I could believe him, since no one has come forward and offered to buy that 3rd kidney (Or trade; I'll consider a swap for a Ford 250 pick-up). As for that oddity, Dr. Luke says it's not that unusual at all (then why did it take 65 years for me to hear about "duplex kidneys;" as in MINE?).

I am now drinking 5 gallons of water every day (actually just 3 or 4 liters) and am forbidden to eat much of everything that I used to enjoy. But, if it prevents the return of the "Rolling Stones*," I am more than just willing to cooperate. They are so painful that anyone who hasn't experienced  them CANNOT imagine how much they hurt.

*No, not Mick and company, I still love them (although they are looking more and more like somebody's weird old aunties...) and I'd still be one of their Roadies anytime.

Well, stay hydrated and maybe I'll see you down the road someday,
George

No comments: